Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Walk Across the Golden Gate

Golden Gate Bridge at Dusk

It had been quite a while since I had crossed the Golden Gate Bridge on foot. Many, many years if I remember correctly.

Decided to do it today. As luck would have it, I managed to get there a little before sunset, and caught the sunset from the bridge.

Yesterday, I had gone to Santa Cruz, and hung out at the boardwalk and took a few photographs.



begin rant
It has been two days in a row that I didn't have the "right" cash. Yesterday, the parking garage only took cash (Santa Cruz Boardwalk) - they needed $6, and I only had $4, so the guy noted my car license plate and gave me 15 minutes to get cash. Find a bank nearby (I don't use liquor store ATMs because of two reasons - a) I hate paying fees at these ATMS. In this case, I think I would've had to pay $7 in fees to get the $2 I needed, and b) To keep my card information safe, I always use my bank's ATM. Even bigger grocery stores have had their ATMs hacked), get the cash, and get back.... arghhhhh!!!! Who doesn't take credit cards these days? Specially at touristy spots!!!

Today I have cash, but no quarters... aaaaarghhhhhh!!!!!!!! Anyway, even though the shops were closed, they have a change machine at the office of the Bridge Authority. Got the quarters, fed the meter, and finally I'm ready to go. Only 15 minutes wasted.
end rant

Now for some photographs. No real processing done... just some cropping, Landspace mode, etc.

Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Boardwalk 1

Santa Cruz Boardwalk 2

Santa Cruz Boardwalk 3

Santa Cruz Boardwalk 4

Santa Cruz Boardwalk 5


Golden Gate Bridge
There is hope

Golden Gate Bridge Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment